A lazy summer afternoon cookout. A cool night under the stars. A water-balloon fight with the kids. At Trex, they believe that life’s best moments happen right in our backyards. And Trex has invented the idea of high-performance wood alternatives for precisely these moments.
Trex products are made from a unique combination of reclaimed wood and plastic. Trex decking has all the natural beauty of wood, but leave behind the rotting and splintering. You won’t miss the splinters and neither will your feet. Trex materials are also a breeze to maintain, so you’ll spend more time relaxing on your deck instead of working on it. The wood also protects the plastic from UV damage and gives your deck that solid, natural feel. What’s more, Trex products won’t just improve the look of your home, they’ll improve the value. And Trex has been in backyards for over 16 years, the longest record of proven performance in the industry.
Trex also offers a 25-year limited warranty. The Trex 25-year limited residential warranty offers coverage against material defects in workmanship and materials, and against splintering, splitting, checking, rot, decay and termite damage.
MGE Carpentry is a
TrexPro Platinum Deck Installer
Go Green with Trex
All Trex Decking Material is made from 50% recycled and reclaimed plastics, and 50% reclaimed wood. These materials would otherwise go unused in a landfill.
Trex Recycling Facts
- Trex keeps some 300,000 tons of plastic and wood scrap out of landfills every year. that comes to about 600,000,000 pounds saved annually
- NO TREES ARE CUT DOWN for the purpose of making Trex. All wood comes from:
- reclaimed wood from woodworking operations
- used pallets
- sawdust (300 million pounds a year)
- Trex recycles all forms of polyethylene.
- Trex is one of the largest plastic bag recyclers in the United States.
- Grocery/Retail/Drug Stores – 7 out of every 10 recycled grocery bags in the U.S. end up at Trex (about 1.5 billion per year)
- Industrial Accounts
- Agricultural Operations
- Food & Beverage plants
- Government agencies
- Colleges & Universities
- Bulk Pellets/Flake & Densified
- The manufacturing process is as green as the final product.
- Trex trailers used to transport wood dust utilize vegetable-based oil hydraulics
- Our proprietary processing method eliminates smokestacks
- Factory runoff/refuse is recycled back into the manufacturing line
- As much as possible, Trex packaging is made from recycled paper and plastic.
- Trex will regularly seek out third-party audits to make sure we’re continuously improving our green practices while meeting all environmental, health and safety guidelines and regulations.
So go ahead. Kick off your shoes and make yourself at home… outside!